Monday, December 15, 2008

A perfect Sunday during the Holiday Season...


painting by Loren Blackburn





So Jeff and I had a great day yesterday. We started off with going to breakfast at Sutton's Marketplace in Queensbury. We don't go to Sutton's too often (We have our normal Saturday routine of heading to Poopies for breakfast!), but Jeff's mom asked us out to eat so we ventured over there.



If you haven't been to Sutton's, it is a must-see during the holiday season.

Luckily, there is always a wait for the cafe so there is time to browse through the store. If you can't find a gift for someone in your list here, you aren't looking hard enough! I picked up a great ornament for my friend Chrissy's new baby. They have a whole line of those glass-blown ornaments by Old World Christmas. This is a picture of the ornament. It does not do it justice because the sparkle is just breathtaking! i know she'll love it for baby Graham.



photo courtesy of www.christmasplace.com





After breakfast, we hit the outlets up in Lake George for a couple of items and then headed back to downtown Glens Falls to continue our shopping.



It was a bit chilly out, but the sun was shining in downtown Glens Falls. Our first stop was Kismet. Kismet is such a fabulous store!!! It is owned & run by two of Jeff's High School classmates. They have put together the nicest array of gifts. You'll soon be able to shop online, but check out their site for a list of items they carry. I love the Dogeared Jewelry and The Teaposy teas. Kismet even offers knitting lessons..Maybe someday I'll get crafty and give it a try!



Now you would think that Kismet is a girl's dream and a guy's nightmare, right? Well they make shopping a stress-free experience for the men. Customers can create wish lists and the girls at Kismet will email them to the recipient of your choice. You can call and they will package up a nice gift based on your preferences and budget, gift wrap it all, and you can just stop and pick it up!! It's too easy. You must stop by!



photo courtesy of www.kismetgf.com


Next, we headed over to another favorite- Sterling & Company. I can't leave this store without buying something! they have a kitchen selection of kitchen gifts, jewelry, and Mariposa products. The back of the store has really nice baby gifts too. The woman who owns it (I should know her name since I go in there A LOT!) is always so cheery and helpful. It just makes for a
great shopping experience. I did leave with some blood orange & fennel tapenade for my mother (sounds random but it was delicious!) so I hope she likes it! the carry the entire line from
The Gracious Gourmet. I wanted to buy it all!



 
photo courtesy of The Gracious Gourmet





Our final stop of the afternoon was visiting the renovated Crandall Public Library in downtown Glens Falls. the Libray just did a huge renovation and it had its grand opening on Friday night. It was absolutely beautiful inside. I am trying to find some pictures to post but not having good luck! There is even self checkout now which made grabbing a book really easy. I picked up Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. I read one of her books, My Sister's Keeper, over the summer and couldn't put it down. I'm excited to read another one!



photo courtesy of www.jodipicoult.com


So overall, it was a great afternoon. I had some relaxing time with Jeff, we ate great food, finished our holiday shopping, and enjoyed the day. More to come soon!!









































1 comment:

Keri said...

looks like you guys had fun! Nice to see an update!